Your Favorite Indie Comic of All Time

We chose to narrow the field to just ten. Some of these books had long lives and ended their stories as the creators intended while some are more recent titles. Undoubtably, we’ve had a glaring omission that was someone’s favorite (if so tell us in the comments section) but this is ‘our’ list (aka essential reading for any comic book fan)

Let us know your favorite Indie comic of all time.

A DISTANT SOIL

BONE

CEREBUS

HATE

HEPCATS

LOVE AND ROCKETS

NEXUS

STRANGERS IN PARADISE

TEENAGE MUTANT NINJA TURTLES

THE WALKING DEAD

9 Responses to Your Favorite Indie Comic of All Time

1. Ray Goldfield June 29, 2012 at 2:16 pm #

TMNT got me into comics even before Superman did.

2. Glenn June 29, 2012 at 3:32 pm #

Walking Freaken Dead, soooooooooo awesome

3. Marc Deschamps June 29, 2012 at 3:43 pm #

Walking Dead, I think, but Bone is an extremely close second. Now I feel bad because Bone has no votes. And I love Jeff Smith. 🙁

4. marc lombardi June 29, 2012 at 4:17 pm #

Of these choices? Walking Dead. Strangers in Paradise is a close second. Many of these I, sadly, have not yet read.

• AndrewG June 30, 2012 at 6:11 pm #

Read em. They’re all awesome. Wasn’t much of a Turtles fan myself but I couldn’t ignore their impact on the small press so I included it. The rest are just amazing comics.

5. AndrewG June 30, 2012 at 6:15 pm #

I’m also somewhat amazed and happy to see Martin Wagner’s Hepcats having a decent showing here. Glad people remember the comic that was at one time going to be the next big thing after Cerebus. Sadly it ended up being a warning to other self publishers on what not to do but those were brilliant comics.

6. Nick June 30, 2012 at 6:22 pm #

No Sin City?
    No Hellboy!?!
    No Badger!?!
    No Jon Sable!?!
    No Grendle!?!

• AndrewG June 30, 2012 at 6:27 pm #

I did say there would be some glaring omissions haha. Badger alllllmost made the cut. One of the first non Marvel/DC books I ever read.

7. Doug July 2, 2012 at 3:21 pm #

These are all great titles, but my vote would go “other.”

From Hell by Moore and Campbell would get my vote.

Also if we’re thinking just non-Big 2: Hellboy, Sin City, Next Men, Grendle, Mage, Black Kiss, and Miracle/MarvelMan are all amazing.

Powered by WordPress. Designed by Woo Themes