Fragments- Chapter 13

Thank you Tim Nakayama and Jay Penn.

FRAGMENTS will return in February!

13 Responses to Fragments- Chapter 13

1. Jay Penn January 9, 2012 at 8:17 am #

I hope you’ve all enjoyed our little story!
    While I am handing over the artistic reins to another person, I’ll treasure these last 13 weeks and the lessons I’ve learned along the way. It trully has been a journey, much like Kaylee’s own, of discovery and hard work.
    My thanks go out to Timothy for providing a great story with plenty of meat to sink my teeth into, and for pushing me to draw things I never imagined I would. And thanks to the Greyhaven team, for giving us a place to show off our wares and for promoting the webcomic, and indeed, the two of us, to audiences we would not normally have been able to access.
    I wish all of you the best of luck in the future, and who knows, our paths may cross again a little further down the way.
    Jay Penn

2. Ray Goldfield January 9, 2012 at 9:15 am #

Great job! Can’t wait for series two. And congratulations on your win! 🙂

• Timothy Nakayama January 17, 2012 at 3:23 am #

Thanks, Ray! Thanks for following us every step of the way – it really means a lot to Jay and I. And, I hope I can serve up a good story in the next part of FRAGMENTS! Hope you’ll join me for the ride in February!

3. Issa January 9, 2012 at 9:59 am #

Hi Jay, it is a shame that you’ll not be continuing putting to visuals, this intriguing story in future, but you’ve done a splendid job! It’ll be tough shoes to fill. Thanks guys for entertaining us with the adventures of Kaylee, Symeon and co.Will look forward to the next installment!

• Jay Penn January 9, 2012 at 10:12 am #

Thanks for the kind words Issa. I, too, look forward to seeing where this story goes.

• Timothy Nakayama January 17, 2012 at 3:25 am #

Thanks for the encouragement, Issa. You’re right – it’s going to be some pretty big shoes to fill as Jay’s art and work ethics have been nothing short of phenomenal. I’m looking forward to the continuation of the series and hope you’ll be tuning in next month as well!

4. WA_side January 9, 2012 at 11:02 am #

Congratulations to you both on an enjoyable and enthralling series. Disappointed to hear that you won’t be continuing Jay, but I’ll continue to follow your blog, so I will still get to see what you are up to. Timothy, I look forward to seeing where you take this next.

• Jay Penn January 9, 2012 at 2:47 pm #

Thanks WA, I’ve got some great ideas brewing that I’m keen to get down on paper, I might even try my hand at a bit of writing!

• Timothy Nakayama January 17, 2012 at 3:27 am #

Jay’s always got something up his sleeves – you won’t be disappointed on that front! And WA – I look forward to seeing where I take this as well!

5. Chaz January 9, 2012 at 11:53 am #

Great way to sum up the story to this point and point it forward to the future. The art has been a blast too. The transitioning in art media for Kaylee is subtle and effective.

• Jay Penn January 9, 2012 at 2:49 pm #

Thanks Chaz, I’m glad the art media transition with Kaylee didn’t go unnoticed. We’ve been planning that progression from day one.

• Timothy Nakayama January 17, 2012 at 3:32 am #

Thanks, Chaz, for the kudos and the encouragement. Yups, Jay is correct. The transition went hand-in-hand with the story, we felt, and we planned for it to happen in a subtle way – I think we managed to pull it off!

6. Minh March 5, 2012 at 5:12 am #