Kickstarter Success and The GrayHaven 2012 Publishing Schedule

In less than a week we were able to meet our Kickstarter goal. Heck, we surpassed it. With 37 days still left in the promotion I’m really curious to see how high this goes. We’ve already raised more in this fundraiser than any other one we’ve done and like I said, it’s only been one week.

There is still plenty of time to support the cause if you haven’t done so already. Every dollar helps and even if you can’t afford to pledge, please pass the link around for the next month and let’s see how high we can get our total.

I do need to single out the wonderful fans who did pledge thus far. In a horrible economy, you helped us raise a great deal of money which will help us achieve our publishing goals through next year and into 2013 as well. More Gathering means more opportunities for new creators to have their work published for the very first time. So on behalf of the Gathering creators past , present and future who are able to see their work in print because of your efforts, I thank you.

Because of the hard work and massive effort of the financial backers to this site we are able to adjust our publishing schedule for next year. I was contemplating some changes based on early feedback to the previously announced themes but the success of the Kickstart campaign as allowed me to reward a lot of the creators who have really and truly put forth the effort to make this their own while still allow opportunities for new writers and artists.

All will be explained in the new set of guidelines to be posted this week but here is a look at our schedule for 2012. It’s aggressive. It’s crazy. And the only reason we have a chance in hell of making this happen is because of all your work to get the word out about our books, Kickstarter campaign and the like. You’ve funded these great projects and we hope to do more for years to come.

The Gathering

Volume 8- Science Fiction- February 2012
Volume 9- All Women Issue- April 2012
Volume 10- Western Issue- July 2012
Volume 11- Horror 3- October 2012
Volume 12- Young Reader Issue- December 2012

The Gathering Mystery Special- a collaborative single focused story by a multitude of creators

Untitled Gathering Special- another collaboratve single focused story, the theme of which will be revealed later

Untitled Gathering Sequel- A sequel to one of our more popular themes

GrayHaven One Shots

My Geek Family One-Shot- Summer 2012 by Doug Hahner and Donal DeLay

Sparks One-Shot- Fall 2012 by Glenn Matchett and Cassandra James

Untitled Dark Anthology- Fall 2012

Kid Robo Collected Edition- Spring 2012

DEcomPRESSIONism Collected Edition- Summer 2012

Daring Speculative Fiction Collected Edition- Fall 2012

AOI Sayonara Collected Edition- Winter 2012

13 Responses to Kickstarter Success and The GrayHaven 2012 Publishing Schedule

1. Tommy July 11, 2011 at 1:04 pm #

That’s a shit load of titles, right there! Wow. I still need to do my donation to Kickstarter, as well

2. Marc Deschamps July 11, 2011 at 1:22 pm #

Absolutely fantastic news. I really cannot believe how fast we made our goal this time.

3. Jason July 11, 2011 at 1:27 pm #

Glad you got rid of the Adventure theme. It seemed like the only weak link in an otherwise solid line. A 3rd Horror book? Now I’m really intrigued by issue 4 if you have this much faith in it

4. Jen July 11, 2011 at 1:49 pm #

Gathering Mystery Special, Untitled Gathering Special and Untitled Gathering Sequel? Are you getting your solicitation advice from Marvel and DC?

5. Ray Goldfield July 11, 2011 at 1:53 pm #

Wow, that’s a pretty epic lineup. Can’t wait to see what the still classified volumes are.

6. Alex July 11, 2011 at 1:57 pm #

Well I have to say I’m very interested in the lineup and think you made the right choices on what books to move out and which to add.

7. Ryan July 11, 2011 at 4:21 pm #

That’s a lot of titles. Glad the Kickstarter thing worked out. I’m really intrigued by the new additions

8. Anti Doug July 11, 2011 at 4:47 pm #

I like that we’re seeing distinctions between the Gray Haven line as a whole and the Gathering books. Also add me to the side happy to see adventure dropped. More Horror is a good thing

9. Mike July 12, 2011 at 8:18 am #

The ‘Mystery’ story sounds intriguing and I’m very happy you swapped out Adventure for another Horror book. The previews of the Horror stories you’ve shown look really great.

10. Irene July 12, 2011 at 9:40 am #

It seems like there are some really interesting themes coming up. Good luck to everyone and I can’t wait to read them

11. Doug July 12, 2011 at 2:15 pm #

Andrew, you are nothing if not ambitious. I’ll happily hitch my wagon to you and see where this goes.

12. Marc Lombardi July 12, 2011 at 3:15 pm #

15 issues of comics from an upstart company? Awesome news for an awesome collaborative group.

13. Arion July 13, 2011 at 12:42 am #

It’s ambitious but I like challenges. I’m loving this.

Powered by WordPress. Designed by Woo Themes