What have been your favorite stories from The Gathering?

So far.

Two issues and several dozen creators later, we’ve given a lot of writers and artists a chance to have their work seen by a wider audience. In Volume 3 a few of those creators come back to tell longer stories in a special double sized issue before we go to a format that mixes new, returing and pro creators on stories of different length.

So before that happens, grab your copies of issues one and two and give them another read. You can send your comments to the site, email me or post on our GrayHaven facebook page but I want to know what you think the eight best stories were. Four from each book, all from one or split any way you prefer, but we’re looking for your eight favorites.

One we narrow the field to eight, we’ll let a poll determine the overall winner. What do they win?

Hmmmm

16 Responses to What have been your favorite stories from The Gathering?

1. Ignacio Segura March 21, 2011 at 1:47 pm #

Oooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooook…

2. Jason Snyder March 21, 2011 at 2:19 pm #

Hmmm, I’ll have to think about this a bit.

3. Ray Goldfield March 21, 2011 at 2:38 pm #

This is hard. There were so many great ones in both volumes.

But if I had to pick some that stood out to me, here goes:

Recovery by Doug Hahner and Donal Delay

Hope by Evan Valentine and Sam Tung

There Will Be Hope by Glenn Matchett and Brent Peeples

On This Day by Jason Snyder and Pat Loika

Wedding Wishes by Nabeel Arshad and Chris Maze

Ma Was Right by Brian James Koschak

Having a Hero for a Brother by Liam and Ethan Goletz and Aaron Bir

A Brief Encounter Where Katie Fell Through the Ice by Gail Simone and Cassandra James

The Zipper Club by Len Wallace and Brenda Lopez

The Bid by Gary Hogan and Blake Sims

Ask! by Sasha Makarewicz and Aaron Bir

4. Arion March 21, 2011 at 2:58 pm #

I’m a bit conflicted here… can I vote for my own stories or would that be a bit unethical?

5. Glenn March 21, 2011 at 3:07 pm #

Done:)

Arion if you think you did the best I don’t see any reason why you shouldn’t vote for your own

I didn’t though, for the record:)

6. Doug March 21, 2011 at 3:16 pm #

Need to re-read the books.

7. Jason Snyder March 21, 2011 at 3:35 pm #

Okay, here’s what I’ve come up with (and no, I’m not including mine, lol). Choosing only eight was hard, so if I left your story out, it doesn’t mean that I didn’t like it. 🙂

Volume 1 –
    “Recovery” by Doug Hahner and Donal Delay
    “There Will Be Hope” by Glenn Matchett and Brent Peeples
    “Wedding Wishes” by Nabeel Arshad and Chris Maze
    “Maybe Next Year” by Ray Goldfield and Ken Holle
    “Tommy” by Joshua Mote and Aaron Bir

Volume 2 –
    “A Brief Encounter Where Katie Fell Through the Ice” by Gail Simone and Cassandra James
    “The Zipper Club” by Len Wallace and Brenda Lopez
    “The Bid” by Gary Hogan and Blake Sims

8. Arion March 21, 2011 at 7:43 pm #

I’ll have my list ready tomorrow …

9. Spider Jerusalem March 22, 2011 at 1:12 am #

HOPE – by Evan Valentine and Sam Tung
    WEDDING WISHES – by Nabeel Arshad, Chris Maze, and Calix Vincent
    ANOTHER COMES ALONG – by Blake Sims and Zeb Aslam

ISSUE #2
    SAFE LANDING by Jeffrey C. Burandt and Ziggy Blumenthal
    MA WAS RIGHT… – by Bryan James Koschak
    A BRIEF ENCOUNTER WHERE KATIE FELL THROUGH THE ICE – by Gail Simone and Cassandra James
    -N. 1. UTTER LACK OF HOPE – by John M Coker and Aaron Bir

As with everyone else, it was hard to whittle down to just eight stories. There’s a damn good bit of talent backing this anthology and I can’t wait to see what else unfolds in the future.

To all so far who’ve put votes in for THE ZIPPER CLUB, Brenda and I thank you. Keep coming back to The Gathering to see what more we have in store through the year. Plenty of TZC to go around!

12. Andrew Goletz March 22, 2011 at 11:36 pm #

Great choices, everyone. The variety of favorites listed here, on FB and via email have just really brought home the fact that there have been a lot of incredible stories told in just these two issues so far. Keep it up!

13. Mylazycat March 23, 2011 at 11:29 am #

Thanks for the votes, folks!

14. Doug March 23, 2011 at 2:03 pm #

Thank you all for the votes. It was really amazing to work with Donal.

15. Ray Goldfield March 23, 2011 at 2:51 pm #

And I certainly appreciate the support as well. Thanks!

16. Jason Snyder March 23, 2011 at 11:45 pm #

I’ll echo that and thank everyone for their support, whether or not you recommended my story. Thanks for supporting these fine books!

Powered by WordPress. Designed by Woo Themes